Interior Design & Bathroom Remodeling
4 Bathroom Theme Ideas
Beach HouseCreating a beach house theme in your bathroom can be a fun and inexpensive way to achieve a cheerful and inviting atmosphere. Everyone has a blast at the beach house, so this is a popular mode of decor. At the same time, beach house décor is often eclectic and informal, so you don’t have to stretch your budget to give your bathroom a seaside feel. In fact, flea markets and thrift stores can be wonderful places to find the perfect bath accessories for a beach theme. What’s more, the versatility of this décor style means you can choose it for your bathroom no matter what kind of glass is on your shower door or what type of sink you already have installed. Inject seaside appeal into your restroom by –
- Painting a wall aqua or coral.
- Hanging delicate linen curtains.
- Using shells from your last beach vacation as décor items on the vanity counter or glass shelves.
- Choosing rugs with sea shell designs or nautical symbols.
- Pairing coral and aqua hand towels and wash cloths with plush white bath towels.
- Making a unique wall hanging by creating a wreath of flip flops or clam shells.
GlamIt is so important to remember, yet so easy to forget, that people are always more important than things. Living by this motto will not ensure that your home is always tidy, but it will ensure that your spouse and children know that they are the reason you do what you do, not obstacles to your quest for a showcase home and perfectly executed daily schedule. Placing persons above belongings can involve something as simple as pausing to comfort an upset child or something as big as lowering your standards of tidiness to make more time for your spouse.
- An ornately framed mirror over the vanity.
- Metallic wall paint.
- Shiny specialty finish for the bath hardware.
- Decorative curtains with lots of sheen.
- Extra mirrors in addition to the vanity mirror.
- Colorful Dreamwall glass wall coverings.
NatureNature lovers can bring their passion for the outdoors into home decorating, and this is especially suited to the bathroom because of nature’s power to calm and soothe.
- Choose a shade of green for the bathroom’s main color.
- Decorate with potted plants and fresh flowers.
- Enlist expert assistance in a creating a living wall of moss and other plant life.
- Hang translucent curtains that let sunlight stream in.
- Create rustic homemade frames for nature prints or photos and hang these on the bathroom walls.
- Use durable wood for the floors, vanity, and perhaps wall paneling.
- Include sounds from nature in your bathing experience by placing a plug-in waterfall in the bathroom or by turning on a nature cd in your shower cd player.
- Have a safe and lovely skylight installed made from laminated glass.
SpaA final suggestion is to give your bathroom a spa theme. This is relatively easy to achieve and can help you find relaxation and renewal right in your own home. You can go all out and have a steam shower installed or make a number of smaller additions and renovations. Create your own personal resort-style bathroom by -
- Having a frameless shower enclosure with steam apparatus installed.
- Purchasing terry cloth robes and plush white towels.
- Buying a foot bath for the bathroom.
- Adding an aromatherapy kit to the shower head.
- Setting a soft, luxurious mat next to the tub.
- Installing a dimmable light switch.
- Putting a cd player in the bathroom so you can enjoy therapeutic music.