PRODUCTS & SERVICES
Glass shelving is another popular product that ABC Glass and Mirror, Inc. supplies and installs. Owners of homes and businesses love glass shelving for the combination of appealing features it offers –
- Attractive appearance
- Solid functionality
- Options suited to various applications
Basically, glass shelving represents a unique blend of aesthetic appeal and practicality. It is an item that allows a homemaker or commercial decorator to create storage solutions while enhancing a room’s visual appeal. Glass shelving is also a superb choice for applications involving the exhibition of artwork, collectibles, awards, and so on. It keeps your valued pieces front and center while bringing the beauty and freshness of glass to the display. Call for a free glass shelving consultation today – (703)257-7150.
What are some ways to use glass shelving?
Glass shelving can be used in the home for applications such as –
- Chic display of antiques or art in your main living area
- Shelves over the vanity for storage of toothbrush holder, cup, razor, etc.
- Book shelves in your study or near your home computer
- Laundry room shelves for keeping detergent, fabric softener, and stain removers out of reach of children
- Shelves in bedroom or storage closets
- Replacement for faulty shelves in a cabinet
Additionally, glass shelving can be an asset in a commercial setting. Possibilities include –
- Appealing display of items for sale or product samples.
- A more attractive way to store binders, training manuals, folders, printer paper, etc.
- Book shelves
- Shelves for office supplies like staplers, dishes of paper clips, notepads, and so forth
How versatile is glass shelving?
Your glass shelving from ABC Glass and Mirror, Inc. will be custom cut. This means that you have options when it comes to the length and depth of your shelves. Moreover, you can order shelves of various lengths and depths for use in different areas or to create eye-catching arrangements of shelves on your walls. Not only can we mount glass shelves on the walls of your residence or commercial building, but we can install them in closets and cabinets. Useful in so many ways, glass shelving has something to offer your space!
What are some glass styles for shelving?
The theme and color scheme of your room determine the most appropriate glass shelving style. To make it easier for each customer to find the perfect shelves for a particular project, ABC brings you choices when it comes to the appearance of the glass used for your shelving system. Possibilities include –
- Clear glass
- Acid etched glass (frosted)
- Patterned glass (textured surface)
What types of glass are used for shelving?
Standard annealed glass is often used for shelving, but ABC Glass and Mirror, Inc. understands that some situations require a more durable material. This is why we also offer two options for shelves in higher-risk areas –
- Tempered glass – This glass has been heated and then cooled, a process which gives it enhanced integrity and alters the way it reacts if a fracture does occur. The likelihood of the shelves being broken is thus significantly reduced. If a tempered glass shelf should be damaged, the glass will divide into small chunks that are easier to clean and safer to deal with than normal shards.
- Laminated glass – Glass of this kind looks about the same as any other glass, but it is really composed of three layers: two layers of glass with vinyl in the middle. Both glass layers are attached to the vinyl. On a practical level, what this means is that the glass will remain stuck to the vinyl even if it is fractured.
What options are available for mounting glass shelving?
ABC can install the glass shelving in your home in a few different ways. When it comes to mounting shelves on walls, there are a variety of metal and plastic systems we can use. We take care to use mounting choices that will keep your shelves stable and provide the necessary support. Metal components are offered in select finishes such as Satin Chrome, Satin Aluminum, Gold, Brushed Nickel, and White. When we put glass shelves in a cabinet, we typically install them on the apparatus already present inside the cabinet.
How can I get more information on glass shelving?
Get all your glass shelving questions answered by setting up a free appointment at your location – (703)257-7150!