(Provided by ABC Glass & Mirror, Inc. - Friday, January 06, 2017) What are the worst home decorating mistakes? How can we avoid disasters when remodeling? Here are some common pitfalls and tips for avoiding them in your next home improvement project. Contact ABC Glass and Mirror Today! Full Service Glass Company - Get Your FREE Estimate Call - (703) 257-7150
Avoid These Home Decorating Mistakes
1. Creating a Disjointed Look
Sometimes it is difficult to walk the fine line between eclectic and mismatched, and failure in this area can leave a room looking awkward and disjointed. If you’re going for an eclectic look or have very different pieces that you want to use in the same room, try one of these tips for tying it all together:
• Choose a theme: Giving the whole room a single theme can make it easier to merge items from different eras and décor modes. Themes that lend themselves to eclectic rooms include coastal, farmhouse, or a favorite animal or flower.
• Tie it all together with a distinctive color: Choose an accent color that will work with the room’s current color scheme and utilize it to bring harmony to the room’s diverse elements. A new color can be introduced by way of items such as throws, blankets, accent cushions, vases, picture frames, candles, books, or coasters.
• Reorganize your belongings according to colors: If you’re working with your existing items that include pieces from various time periods and style trends, be thoughtful about what you use where. For a given room, try to select pieces that have something in common; this could be a color, material, or theme.
2. Sacrificing Functionality for Visual Appeal
At times we can get so carried away by our admiration for a certain look that we sacrifice functionality to achieve it. Examples of this type of goof include swinging glass shower doors that crash into another fixture when opened, overcrowded rooms with poor traffic flow, or kitchen counters adorned with too many knick-knacks.
To avoid this blunder, always evaluate a décor choice in terms of both aesthetics and practicality. In the shower door example, for instance, the homeowner should opt for a bypass unit or frameless slider instead of a swinging door. Overcrowding in a room or on a surface can typically be addressed by removing extraneous items and rearranging what’s left.
3. Detracting from Natural Beauty
A yard should be defined by the unique and calming beauty of nature. Ideally, landscaping will enhance this loveliness and bring certain flowers, types of rocks, or species of trees into focus. Superfluous or distasteful yard decorations should be eliminated in favor of natural embellishments. What this might look like in practice could be saying good-bye to painted silhouettes of people caught in awkward moments and introducing rock-bordered flower beds, ornamental trees, or a pond.
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
(Provided by ABC Glass & Mirror, Inc. - Friday, January 06, 2017)
What are the worst home decorating mistakes? How can we avoid disasters when remodeling? Here are some common pitfalls and tips for avoiding them in your next home improvement project.
Contact ABC Glass and Mirror Today!
Full Service Glass Company - Get Your FREE Estimate
Call - (703) 257-7150