Explore Polycarbonate vs. Acrylic Sheeting in Woodbridge, VA
(Provided by ABC Glass & Mirror, Inc. - Wednesday, June 25, 2014)
Polycarbonate vs. acrylic sheeting: this is a dilemma that residents of Woodbridge, VA often face when working on a project that needs a glass alternative. ABC Glass and Mirror, Inc.
can help you with both of these safety glass choices. For one thing, we carry pre-cut sheets of polycarbonate and acrylic alike. Additionally, we can custom cut pieces and either install them for you or have them ready for you to pick up from our shop at 8395 B Euclid Ave., Manassas Park. Before you put in an order, though, you’ll need to decide which of these two highly functional safety glass choices is best for your situation. Read on and then feel free to call us at (703)257-7150 if you have questions or want one of our glaziers to visit your site for a free consultation.
The key features of polycarbonate sheeting that Woodbridge clients should know about are:
Acrylic options differ from polycarbonate sheeting in a few ways that are relevant to Woodbridge home and business owners.
- It is great for applications involving security and personal safety since it is virtually unbreakable; it is stronger than acrylic.
- Standard polycarbonate is more prone to yellowing than acrylic, but ABC now supplies solar-resistant polycarbonate in addition to standard options.
- The surface of polycarbonate can be scratched more easily than that of acrylic.
- This tends to be the more costly of the two materials.
As you can see, the right choice here depends on the specific application, the customer’s priorities, and the project budget. Call ABC today at (703)257-7150 to start addressing your safety glass needs!
- Acrylic sheeting is much stronger than glass but not as strong as polycarbonate.
- Acrylic resists scratching better than polycarbonate, and scratches can often be polished out.
- When you compare standard acrylic and standard polycarbonate, acrylic is not as susceptible to discoloration from the exposure to the sun.
- Acrylic is typically the more cost-effective option.
Contact ABC Glass and Mirror Today!
Full Service Glass Company - Get Your FREE Estimate
Call - (703) 257-7150
Email - email@example.com